Accounting for Business: An Introduction, second edition, has been thoroughly revised to provide vocational students with an up-to-date, comprehensive overview of key financial principles.
Its business-oriented focus combined with a clear, concise writing style – an approach proven successful in the first edition – helps students gain competency in preliminary accounting concepts and applications in a practical way.
Students will learn the principles that underpin the recording and control of business transactions. They will also learn how to build an accounting system for commercial businesses, ranging from the smallest enterprise to a larger trading business.
Accounting for Business: An Introduction includes:
* A list of relevant Competencies and Chapter Elements at the beginning of each chapter that provide students with a clear learning roadmap
* A new chapter on the Recording and Control of Inventories to cover FNSACCT406A Maintain asset and inventory records
* Highlighted Key terms that students should know
* Relevant concepts applied to computerised accounting to reflect today’s computer-based accounting practices
* Thorough Review Exercises and Underpinning Knowledge questions to help students consolidate their knowledge, while Application Case Study questions help them build real understanding of key concepts
* Solutions to some Assessment, Underpinning and Application questions that help students assess their own progress. Additional solutions are to be found in the corresponding Workbook (see Accounting for Business Workbook & CD ISBN 9781442531796)
* Business Scenarios to illustrate important accounting principles through realistic examples
* A Glossary of key terms.
About the Authors
Stephen Marley and Jeffrey Pedersen are accounting teachers with many years’ teaching experience in vocational education. In addition, Stephen Marley is a practising Chartered Accountant specialising in assisting small business for more than 30 years and Jeffrey Pedersen, a Certified Practising Accountant, is experienced in small business management, accounting and auditing for business.
They are both experienced authors, having written numerous accounting titles for vocational education students.
FNS04 Financial Services Training Package units
FNSICACC301B Administer Accounts Payable
FNSICACC302B Administer Financial Accounts
FNSICACC303B Prepare, match and process receipts
FNSICACC304B Prepare and Bank Receipts
FNSICACC305B Process Payment Documentation
FNSICACC306B Process Journal Entries
FNSICACC307B Reconcile and Monitor Accounts Receivable
FNSICGEN305B Maintain Daily Financial /Business Records
FNSICORG302B Prepare Reports for Management
FNSACCT406B Maintain asset and inventory records
BSB07 Business Services Training Package units
BSBFIA301A Maintain Financial Records
BSBFIA302A Process payroll
BSBFIA303A Process Accounts Payable and Receivable
BSBFIA304A Maintain a General Ledger
BSBFIA401A Prepare Financial Reports
Publisher: Pearson Education Australia
Tertiary; University or College